Sunday, August 3, 2014

All I can say is WOW!

All I can say is WOW! I am completely overwhelmed with the response I've received since sharing my story. I must admit that I was hesitant to even share my post because I didn't want people to think I was doing it just to get attention or a pat on the back. Looking back at all that has happened over the few days since I went public with my decision, I am so thankful that I shared. My page received almost 500 views in 24 hours, and it's been viewed by people in 6 different countries. That is so crazy!! I never would have imagined that. I am so thankful to know that there are so many people out there supporting me. It's been great to see the responses and hear stories from people who I have never met, as well as from people I do know, but had no idea that kidney disease has impacted their life. Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who has taken the time to read my story.


I'm anxiously awaiting tomorrow afternoon, when I can speak to the donor coordinator at the Mayo Clinic to get some questions answered and hopefully get some of my testing scheduled. To anyone reading this who is a living donor, are there any questions you asked that you feel are important, or things you wish you would have asked right away? I have a list of questions, but I'm sure there are many things and situations that I haven't thought of yet. Please feel free to share in the comments, or you can email me at karirobbins80@gmail.com. I'm looking forward to updating everyone after my call tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. WOW! You are such an inspiration! There are soooo many of us in the same situation as the Callaway's. I have also been following their story because it hits so close to home. My husband and I live in south Georgia with our 3 children. My husband is 34 years old and his kidneys failed in December of 2013 due to undiagnosed IGA Nephropathy. I just shared your blog on my husband's Facebook page "A Kidney for Geoffrey McIntyre". I myself am excited to follow your story!
    I just want to say, THANK YOU!!! Thank you for making the decision to make a HUGE difference in the life of not only a person in need....but of a FAMILY in need. This decision that you have made is HUGE!!!
    God Bless you!
    Venus & Geoffrey McIntyre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading & sharing! I just checked out your Facebook page, and see you are hoping to get on the list at Mayo here in Jacksonville. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way! How awesome would that be if I'm a match?! :)

      Delete
    2. That would be an answer to a prayer! You truly are an inspiration!

      Delete