Thursday, September 4, 2014

Only a few more days!

It's been a while since I've posted anything, but I really haven't had any new updates. Once they ordered my testing, things started moving. I was called right away to get everything scheduled, and recieved my itinerary in the mail a few days later. Everything starts on Monday! All together I have about 20 different appointments, stretched out over 7 days. Of course most of these days are not going to be consecutive, so it will be a lot of back and forth to Mayo. I'm still feeling really good and positive about my decision, but I admit I'm a little nervous about all of the testing. It's not so much the actual tests that worry me. It's the fact that you never know what they might find during all of it. I'm sure everything will be fine, and I won't discover I have some disease or condition I was unaware of, but there is always a slim chance! Mostly, I'm excited to finally get started with everything and become one step closer to saving someone's life!

I've been talking with the girl I know from back home who donated her kidney a little over 3 weeks ago, and it's definitely helped eased some of my worries. It's nice to have someone to ask questions, and to give honest answers about her experience. Overall, she said it was an amazing experience!

I've continued to follow the Callaway family and their journey to find a donor for Raleigh. For those who don't know, this is the family whose story inspired me to start this whole process. From the last posts I saw, it sounds like they have a potential donor match and they are ready to move forward with the final testing. My prayers are with this family and I'm hoping everything works out very soon!

I'll try to update this each day after my testing. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I am soooooo looking forward to your upcoming updates!!! You have no idea how much this pushes us to continue reaching out to people and letting them know they truly can save someone's life! Thank YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how their story has generated such awareness of living donation!
    My sister actually just donated her kidney to a former neighbor of hers 2 months ago and has healed beautifully. Has even moved since then! I pray yours will go as smoothly as hers has.
    If you need further inspiration - and I'm sure she would not mind in the least, communicating with you about it any further - you can find her story at: http://www.jodiyork.com/category/kidney-donor/ .
    Saying a prayer for your journey! :)

    ReplyDelete